Share this site

2011-06-11

Nova Roma "senator" investigated over death threat

Message: 6881
From: Gnaeus Equitius Marinus Received: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:44 AM
Subject: CONFIDENTIAL -- Senate Business



Avete Patres et Conscripti,

First, I must impress upon you all the need to restrict discussion of what I shall report to you in this message within the Senate unless required to discuss it with macronational legal authorities under subpoena. Let's please for once take the idea of the Senate Seal seriously, and not let this matter spill over into any other place outside of the Senate. This means all of you, Tribunes and Curule Aedlies included.

I have just learned that a complaint has been filed with the FBI and a local Sheriff's office based on a threat stated in e-mail by a Senator of Nova Roma against a citizen of Nova Roma.

Back on 8 May, I received the e-mail you will find below from Senator Quintus Fabius Maximus. In it, he told me that he considered an act which would qualify as murder if carried out, since the citizen under discussion lives on the boat mentioned. I immediately brought the matter to the attention of my colleague, Gnaeus Salix Astur, and both Censors. We concluded that the citizen involved, Caius Minucius Scaevola, must be informed. Astur and I sent a joint e-mail message to Scaevola, providing him with the same text you will see below.



Additionally, as a commissioned officer of the State of Maryland, I reported this to my Commanding General in the Maryland Defense Force since Scaevola's home of record in Nova Roma is Baltimore Harbor, where he usually keeps his boat moored when in port. My CG, who is a military lawyer, concluded that since Scaevola is currently not in Baltimore harbor we did not need to report anything to the Baltimore City or Maryland State police until he returned, and should leave the choice of reporting to Scaevola. Please note that I am required by state law to report any suspicion of a threat such a the one involved here. I am not at liberty to make a judgement about whether the threat is 'credible.' As long as it is possible then I could be held criminally negligent if I failed to report.

While I think that Senator Fabius Maximus was doing nothing more than making an empty threat in the message below, he nonetheless made a threat. I have stated multiple times on the mainlist that I'm an officer of the State. It should be no surprise to him that I took the actions I have taken.

Because law enforcement officers are now involved, I have concluded that it is my obligation as Consul and co-president of Nova Roma Inc. to report the matter to you, the Senate and Board of Directors, at once.

I sincerely recommend that Senator Fabius Maximus depart Nova Roma on a "voluntary indefinite leave of absence" until such time as this matter is resolved. Furthermore, I ask the support of the Senate in encouraging Senator Fabius Maximus to depart voluntarily.

Valete,

Gn. Equitius Marinus

Salve Consul

Noricus dismissed it. But I did not save the e-mail. I refuse to talk

to Minucius Scaevola since he has declared himself my enemy on a private


list. Personally I have thought of blowing up his boat. I'm sure he is



behind the e-mail campaign that has been handicaping me since last week. 












Valete






Q Fabius Maximus.