Share this site

2011-06-19

Secret deals 1

Message: 14019
From: D. B
Received: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: The Censorial Edict

Laenas

You, me and everyone on this board has a fiduciary responsibility to keep this corporation solvent. If someone threatens a lawsuit against it, as Sulla did, and then a "settlement" is agreed to under a veil of secrecy, the board is prevented from performing their legal obligation.

This cannot be ignored and you are treading on thin ice with your internal Lex Popillia. It provides no personal protection to board members. Now, you may want to take his word for it, but I doubt everyone on this board will. You have no right to unilaterally expose Nova Roma, Inc. to this risk. By doing so, it brings to light a possible conflict of interest if you are willing to put your best interests ahead of the corporation. If true, it would be grounds for removal of you and anyone else privy to these discussions that blocks or disregards the information that I am asking for.

This is not rocket science, Laenas. Emails were exchanged on behalf of the corporation. They are the property of the corporation and can and will be used in a court of law.



Unless you find another way to remove the risk of future liability (waiver or other legal agreement), I will not stand down on this issue.

Equestria




On Mar 3, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Gaius Popillius wrote:

>
> Salve,
>
> I don't have any of that. Suffice to say the Censores decided to
> reinstate him. The relevant law is the Lex Popillia.
>
> Laenas
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:46 PM, D. B <deandreab...> wrote:
> Salve Laenas,
>
> My thanks for the explanations you have provided. Based on your
> answers that this situation retains the chance that a future liability
> exists to the corporation, as a director of Nova Roma, Inc. I request
> that any and all records that culminated in the reinstatement of this
> board member be made available forthright for my examination. This
> includes, but is not limited to:
>
> 1. Email correspondence (public and private) between Mr. Woolwine and
> Nova Roma, Inc. board members and/or officers (magistrates),
>
> 2. Email correspondence (public and private) between Nova Roma, Inc.
> board members and/or officers (magistrates),
>
> 3. Correspondence to/from any legal representatives on behalf of Mr.
> Woolwine or contacted for counsel on this matter,
>
> 4. Copies of internal laws relevant to his removal and reinstatement,
>
> 5. Copies of external laws relevant to his removal and reinstatement,
>
> 6. Executive Committee meeting minutes,
>
> 7. Any additional information or documentation that could be used for
> legal purposes in a court of law.
>
> Vale
>
> Equestria
>
> On Mar 2, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Gaius Popillius wrote:
> > >>What was the text of the "out of court settlement" between Robert
> > Woolwine and Nova Roma, Inc.? Has he waived his right to future
> legal
> > claims on his removal?<<
> >
> > There is no text, or written agreement. Lucius Cornelius and I
> > talked informally. My colleague and I believed that his major
> > complaint would be removed if we returned him to the Senate (which
> > we had originally planned to do at the end of the year). Then,
> > after his reinstatement and some reflection, Lucius Cornelius stated
> > he would forgo any action in the matter
> >
> > >>Has the corporation prevented future liability from this person on
> > this matter?
<<
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Laenas


This Sulla who threatened a lawsuit and then took a secret deal is the same one who previously had written this:


Message: 569
From: Lucius Cornelius Sulla
Received: Tue May 30, 2000 9:43 AM
Subject: My Resignation

Salvete Omnes

I hereby tender my resignation of the office of Censor of Nova Roma. I tender my resignation as Lictor of Nova Roma. I tender my resignation as Senator of Nova Roma. I tender my resignation as Paterfamilias of the Patrician Gens Cornelia. I hereby request that Cornelius Scriptor be appointed as Paterfamilias of the Gens. I also tender my resignation as citizen of Nova Roma.

Many times in the past I have tried to talk people out of resigning their citizenship. Everytime that I have I have always stated that NR is more than a game. That we are serious and dedictated. Well today I have finally discovered that it is not true. We are a game. I have wasted 2 years of my life in a game. Today almost half of my Gens has decided to form their own gens. What use is it to be a paterfamilias when whatever you say or do doenst make a difference. The reason for it is simple. We are a game. If our citizens were truly dedicated and truly Roman. They would not bail when there is a problem. In our own "Real" Families we dont disown them and go to another when there are problems. But here in Nova Roma that is exactly what we do. And for once I can truly say I was not the reason for this to happen. What cowards we have as citizens....what babies!!!! HOW UNROMAN. Well that is it....I am truly disgusted. I will not be apart of an organization that caters to these UNROMAN cowards.

Well I tried to do my best to help validiate and gain increased credibility for Nova Roma. I have spent much of my freetime trying to help NR trying to accomplish tasks that needed to be done. Even my Edicta's that I drafted were for that purpose. Anyway, I am done. NR is just a game and I am leaving. Its kinda sad, really, I finally made peace with Lucius Equitius, even last nite spent hours on the phone talking to him. I truly enjoyed talking to everyone on the phone.....I think I have talked to the most citizens on the phone. Or having lunch and meetings with citizens. But that is over. Nova Roma is just a game. I feel I have wasted 2 years of my life on something that is just a game. I feel disgusted.

What is amazing to me is that out of all of the crap I have gone through in the past in Nova Roma, I have never seriously considered resigning. Even when I was a pariah and punished by the Senate for lurking in the Senate message board I never truly considered resigning. But, today is different. Today I have learned that the people I truly cared for and thought as thoroughly Roman, MY FAMILY. Are truly NOT Roman. That I cannot stand for. They diminish the Roman Spirit, they diminish Roman citizenship and they diminsh the concept of what it means to be a Roman and to be apart of a Family. I will not associate myself with them and with an organization that they demean to the point of a Game!

Many of you I will truly miss. I think that is about all I can say for this.

Well at least I will have my time back to me. So I can spend it with Greta. She and I met in Nova Roma. However, while I tried to help NR become a functioning organization in the various offices I held, my time with her diminished. Now I have the time back so I can spend with her. Since NR is nothing more than a game.

Robert Woolwine